Tuesday, September 27, 2011

shoutouts 1,2 and 3

2011 was one of the hardest and the greatest summers I've ever had

This picture was June 27th: the tip of the iceberg for rough times about to come my way. This is the day that it became official that I wasn't leaving in August. It was 2 hours past the first set of tears and about 2 minutes before the full breakdown. Starting June 27th I was kinda held together by band-aids and tape so to speak. I was a mess to say the least. I realized yesterday though that I had three great people that were ALWAYS there for me and while I was busy chasing the world away from me, these three were breaking down my walls and staying by my side.
Miss Jenn: she started as my roommate but over the last few months we got to be good friends. We nearly died going to a bonfire, went on many drives, made seven dozen (AMAZING) cookies and had a lot of talks. Jenn wrote me such a nice letter that I still have and was so great for somebody genuine to talk to. She always approached me out of concern, not curiosity. At least twice she just came and sat on my floor while I cried "so that [I] wouldn't be alone."
P. Mosh: Pier knew more of the background story than most so she was good for talking through some of it. She was never judgmental and always tried to be patient and understanding to whatever I needed. She always seemed to text me randomly and it was always just what I needed to hear. The day I would have gone in to the MTC she text me saying "I know today is probably rough for you. Know that I love you!" and it was enough.

J. Farns: God bless Jessica! Jess got mainly the wrath side of it all. Jess knows me better than I remember sometimes. She knows that the hardest things I try to deal with on my own so when I'd tell her I was "fine" she'd come over and try to talk through it some. After one particular blowup (again...my apolagies!) she backed off some but never failed to let me know that I was loved. Even though I hated it somedays, she gave me some tough love that I was greatly in need of.

I LOVE the people in my life!

And I am incredibly

lucky to have them there.

1 comment:

  1. k first of all BABE-a-licious in your header picture. look how tan you are! love it. second of all....even though i have no idea why you didn't go on a mission...i had a call and didnt go either. and our reasons were probably completely different, and you might be dealing with something way more difficult than i..not going was one of the hardest decisions i had to make. EVER! and the aftermath was only worse. no one would ever know!! SO...just wanted you to know that you are loved by everyone, even people who aren't your close friends!! and i like to read your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete