Tuesday, September 27, 2011

as of lately...

Last night I got Lisa hooked on Grey's Anatomy. Yeahhhhhhhh!

My landlord text me today...our utilites for the month are $71 each. Yes feel free to read that over again because I had to re-read four times to believe it. seventy.one.each. That redefines ridiculous!

I wrote the missionarys for the week and feel great about it

For the second week in a row, I once again have FOUR essays due this week. But I turned one in today. check.

I made a list yesterday of some things I need the Lord to help me with and even by today I can feel a difference in a couple of them.

Had one of my little "brave" nights the other night and let one of the boys read the personal essay for my health class and proved myself wrong because I didn't regret it the next day like I thought I would. I love that feeling where you're able to look at a situation you had a hard time with and then realize you just have peace with it now. It's awesome!

Conversation with "the new boy" today:
J-I was looking through your facebook pictures and saw what looked like a mission call opening
Me: Ohhh. Yep.
J-So what was it?
Me: A mission call
J-Okay. Where was it too?
Me: California
..........................
(20 minutes of awkward silence)
Turns out that conversation still comes up and still isn't getting any easier. BUT on a brighter end: 2 weeks ago I felt almost sick the whole weekend because I knew hands down that I was supposed to tell the mission story to my institute class but I REALLY REALLY didn't want to. Long story short I did. I started off saying my mom and friends might be mad at me if they knew I was about to tell you this cause I don't talk to people about it....and bawled the whole way through. But those 2 boys that talked to me after and the one crying behind me? Totally made it worth it.

Sean hasn't had to back me out of the driveway for 2 weeks. We made cookies today to celebrate my driving improvements

I am taking 16 credits and working full time. Busy is how I feel on my calm days.

Today I get to check another thing off my bucket list: eat a whole pizza by myself. Yep! Took a blanket outside on the lawn to soak up the last of our warm days and before I knew it my hot n' ready was up and gone. Kinda gross to think about but secretly I've always wanted to do that.

Mt. Dew has successfully been cut from 9/day to 2/day and it feels amazing

I can't wait for Halloween! Starts off my favorite time of year. Decorating our house is most likely going to happen this week....

I read my scriptures again yesterday. I still don't know much about the stories in them or who did what or when such a such happened but I love that I feel good about myself and feel a little bit more self worth come back to me every time that I read them.

As much as I love meeting new people, I always appreciate my friends that already know where I went to high school and what I want to major in.

I'm getting my hair done again on Wednesday. 3 cheers for change!

J. Farns has been gone almost a week and I've only gone to text her four times. That my friends, is a definet improvement.

If I end this now and turn off my light I will be in bed before three for the first time in I don't even know how long. Have a terrific Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment