Sunday, October 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home

As I've mentioned multiple times already, I have 16 credits and work full time. On top of those two things, I have a calendar in my room with "other things" not school related that looks something like this....

That's why I tend to live in the fast lane. Fast as in "15 minutes to get home and change and be somewhere else" or "I'll hurry and grab food and change in the car on the way" fast. I'm home maybe 6 hours a week where I'm actually awake. This can lead to making my room look like a tornado ran through it almost any day of the week. Which drives me crazy but what can ya do? And I continue to be "blessed" with roommates that do not know how to take out garbage, unload the dishwasher and have yet to find the vacuum so I'm assumed general house cleaning also. So today (sad that it was Sunday but it HAD to be done) I started laundry and starting cleaning. FOUR HOURS later I decided the house was now worthy to do blog pictures...

This is from standing in the front door. LOVE the red walls and love how large and open teh front room is. It somehow got cut out, but we have a nice TV to the right of this.

View from the other side of the room.

The kitchen kinda connects to the front room through a super short hallway. I know I don't cook, but I FELL IN LOVE with this kitchen! It is easily my favorite feature of the house. To the left of this is the door to the back yard but there's nothing out there worth showing. This is standing in my bathroom doorway and the base of the stairs. The basement is all Britt's and the other 3 of us live upstairs.

Awful picture but I love how open the stairway is.



Washer and dryer: LOVE having that maybe 20 feet from my door!

That other door at the base of my bed leads out to my own balcony. It's becoming a favorite to eat breakfast out there cause that faces where the sun comes up, reading or homework in the afternoon and sleeping on it or sitting there people watching by night. Yep, big fan of that!



All in all, I love it! The wall hangings still need some help though. Somebody told me once that they felt like my room has so much going on it. It really does! I love it though. A little bit of the rodeos, a little bit of the games, a touch of China, a bit of Hawaii, ceramics from the boys, pictures of everything in between. It makes the messy roommates totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment