Wednesday, September 21, 2011

goodbyes

When I moved from Price to Provo in 8th grade, I said goodbye to my Helper friends and the way things were. College time came and I bawled and bawled saying goodbye to high school friends and moved down to St. George. All of the boys slowly started trickling out on missions and goodbyes were tearfully said to each of them. I had tears well up just outside of airport security when I said goodbye to my family for four months when I went to China. I felt soo empty saying goodbye to my China babies, knowing that I was never ever going to see them again. The little brother left to serve the Lord and guess what? I cried saying goodbye. Goodbyes are nothing new to me, but they just keep coming and they never get any easier.

J. Farns has been one of my best friends for the last eight years and for as long as I've known her, I've heard her talk about how she's going to go on a mission. Our whole friendship, Jess has always been awesome for me and I have no doubt that the Lord personally planted her in my life the way that he did. This last week her long awaited mission time came and once again: time to say goodbye rolled along with it.
Friday night we did our last girls night with her and it was awesome! Everybody is crazy busy and it's hard to make plans that work but for the ones that were able to make it, we had a blast. We celebrated in true pre-mish style by going to the BYU Football Devotional and when they sang Armies of Heleman Jess started to cry but leaned over and whispered that she had never been happier or more excited. Then we went to Mi Rancheritos (not the ghetto Beto's relative) for her last hurrah of Mexican food. We celebrated like it was her birthday and this guy wasn't our waiter but ate it all up anyways!
Comedy Sports was next on the agenda. I had never been before and it was HILARIOUS! If you have a chance to go, do it! We once again acted like it was her birthday so she could judge. We ended the night like soooo many others: on the couches of the attic of her house talking about anything and everything. It was delightful for me and Michelle to wake up (with Jess already downstairs as always haha) and go down to find fresh crepes made for us. YUM!

Saturday and Sunday were spent with our friends and the whole thing was just great. It's always fun to see everybody and we were all so happy and excited for her. I'm not sure who's gonna go on drives with me, listen to me ramble on and on and on about boys, calm me down on my crazy days, take me to the creamery for Kids Meals, heart attack the boys houses or sit me down and 'give it to me like it is' but I couldn't be happier for her! I know without a doubt that she is going to be an incredible misisonary.

"Who would be who if our group of friends were on 'FRIENDS'?"


Thanks for being the sister I wanted, the mom I sometimes needed and the friend that never left my side!

(no matter how much you may have wanted to)

"God be with you til' we meet again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment