Thursday, September 23, 2010

Returned with Honor

After 2 years of diligent service, Elder Kahea Clark and Elder Cole Warburton are HOME! :) :)

Cole returned from Florida in mid-August and the whole family headed down for a little trip to our good ol' hometown of Helper. He did SUCH a good job on his talk! He said how he's always been so nervous to speak in front of people, but you would never even guess it. I've known Cole pretty much my whole life because I can't even think to "before" knowing him. Brittany and I would always talk about how we wanted to marry him and both of us would probably say that our funniest times with him was dancing around in our room. Learning how to tango? check. But of course there were our countless jokes with/about our OTHER favorite Helper boy that never fail to have us cracking up.

Kahea returned from Ohio just last week. I met Kahea my freshman year at Timpview in Coach Scott's class. One of the FUNNIEST classes that I have ever had! We didn't really talk because we were on opposite ends of the room and he was the quiet, nice kid and I was the loud (possibly a little mean) girl in the corner. My junior year we both took physiology and even though we didn't have it the same period, we got a lot closer! By senior year he was one of my best friends. When his mission call came, I was in California with the girls and when I told them he was opening his call that night, we all agreed that he was going to be the best missionary. I remember when he called me after and I was so excited for him and just had this feeling that he was going exactly where he was supposed to be. I always think of the "what's the point" talk that we had when I think of Kahea.

Both of these guys are just INCREDIBLE! Even in their pre-mish days, they both have always been so focused. They have good perspectives in life and have no problem with seeing the bigger picture. Both have had struggles, but they've used them to better themselves. I can say that I wrote both of them fairly regularly and I was always so excited to get a letter back from them. Welcome home boys! You have definetly been missed :)






No comments:

Post a Comment