Saturday, September 4, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos!

J. Farns. (aka Jessica Farnsworth) has been one of my best friends for the last 3 years. We knew of each other a little bit when I moved here in 8th grade and we started to get to know each other a little bit in 9th grade with Suthy's english class. Through volleyball, mutual classes and mutual friends, we got to know each other. The end of Junior Year I decided to run for Student Government (as did she) and we suddenly got really close, really quick.

I quickly learned that Heavenly Father knew exactly what he was doing with putting her in my life, and having her become such a big part of my life, at the time that she did. Jess walked in right as all of my other friends were getting ready to graduate and essentially leave me. She was there when I literally had no one! When I went to do this post, I started looking through pictures to use and realized how many we have and how much we've done and gone through together. I have a couple hundred on my laptop alone, not counting the probably 1000 on my other computer. In those 3 years, we've had countless photoshoots (much to her dismay), over 20 birthday dinners, sent off missionaries, roadtripped to Geezy, a few formals, at least a dozen crying/venting drives, a load of inside jokes and whole heaps of laughs.

To those "had to have been there" and Kodak moments: "Vaughan and Villi....VAUGHAN AND VILLI!"
To our many many many drives: the crying, the venting, the laughing, the blasting, the screaming and the hysterical laughing. Sometimes all in one drive!


To the mischievious "doings" nights: Veeks flying down stairs, spreading kindness to the fams and of course.....HAM anyone?

To second chances: teaching me to see the best in people
To random adventures: dance parties......EVERYWHERE, driving to Heber for shakes, creepin in the boys locker room, sunsets in church parking lots, Scera Park and scooter rides that nearly kill us
To your incredible taste in food: Macaroni Grill, Wendy's (only when CHRIS was there of course), and Sherbet nobody else would eat with us.....up until you threw it up :)
The the California trip from hell: "Please bless that we may all be niiiiiiiiiiiiice to each other!" "Let's keep a tally of how many texts Nicole gets on this trip..." "....oh we don't need a tally we just need a hand!" "GET IN THE CAR! WE ARE GOING TO GET SHOT!" "Back off me best friend" "Jess I prayed that you would fall asleep" .............. at least we got some great laughs out of it. After we got home and a couple weeks later that is :)

To Graduation 2008: Weeeeeks of anticipation and excitement leading up to it! Me finally having it hit me and breaking down in the student parking lot the night before and booking it to Mad's, crying so hard I can't talk and you sat there in panic. Being nerds and stillll so excited to go to our last yearbook day. Last day of school lunch at Maddies'. Re-assuring me that I'd be fine to speak and listeing to me practice it over and over in the 2 days before that I wrote it. That feeling of finally getting to walk. And of course....... the "PALM SPRINGS" chanting.
To all of our missionary boys: driving with the windows down in the middle of winter ( I know you know what I'm talking about!), "Just sit down and don't look at him", trying not to laugh during "tender" moments, CJ being grown up and walking allllll the way to say bye to Jon :)
To our beloved friends: "Ummmm don't you want to change first?" "You can't say homegirl on SUNDAY!" (And alllllll those times that we looked homeless-because we know we've had our share of those days!)
To those WTF nights: secretly picking up Mike, F words in the parking lots, yelling at Villi and Nique, awkward parties, Wendy's runs in Jeeps, new BYU girls going after the boys

To the "ARBY'S 3 FOR 5 DEAL": "I call Channy and I just get all three of you! It's like the curly fries, fish sandwich and chocolate shake deal!" hamming, bagging on Ben, HITTING TREES!, old men in Springville walking their dogs on lawn mowers late at night, assembly rehearsals and working on elections.

To the parentals: Tan hiding from your dad and sucking up to my mom. Lisa almost passing out/falling over/running away from us.
To the boys you honestly miss and secretly love: Giggy J, Tanner A. as a stripling warrior (still on my desktop slideshow haha), writing for 1 year then dreading the letters coming, birthday surprises and hilarious videos.

To the girls end of "Farewell Days": early morning breakfast making before, afternoon breakfast making after, Armies of Heleman while listening to Armies of Heleman, walks around the temple, AVOIDING the temple, booking it to be on time, crying crying crying crying, stuck on ice after leaving Clayton's, gearing up to go inside, matching ties all connected with the LONGEST opening prayer ever known to man.
To our many many many macaroni Grill trips: I can not even begin to cover everything that had happened there! 2 words: chicken tuscani.
To all the times you've been embarrased and tried to hide or claim you didn't know us: see all stories above, and all stories below :)
To all of our spontaneous nights and odd food obsessions: chocolate Frosty's or frozen hot chocolate can make everything seem a little bit better.
To learning how to grow up: graduation, crazy boyfriends, sending off missionaries, fixing friendships, medical dilemas, trying to like quality boys, sad anniversary's, moving me to St. George, visiting and hard talks in St. George, friends getting married and finding out who we are and what we want to be in life.
To all these things and SOOO much more, you're the friend I'm thankful for: making a music video of Nicole locked out, tricking Clayton into dancing for a video, Uber grouchin with Tan, collapsing in a volleyball game and you taking care of me, jumping on the tramp in our PROM dresses, frosty's right before China, awkward Haunted Houses (that you really did stick to your guns and refuse to go to), funny stories of funny boys, late nights talking for hours, Ben singing to us going to HOSA, ditching our PROM dates, countless sleepovers, "A boy named Max and a dog named Chris.", Girl Talk with Jonny boy, making the boys mad, ripped down posters and apology cards,partying it up at Senior Ball, calling 911 on senior ball, being ATTACKED by all of men's gov at Jon's house, stalker runs and dance parties on the range, and the Draper Temple open house


J. Farns: thank you for all the great times we've had! I honestly can say that I do not know where I would be without you in my life. You're an amazing example to me and have had a huge influence on me. I still have the "It's lame I can't just talk when you call...." letter and I re-read it allllll the time! You are a great example, an amazing person and an incredible friend! looooooooove you!
P.S. This doesn't count as a late posting because we haven't done your dinner yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment