Saturday, September 18, 2010

The "New Boys" of UVU

So....there is at least 1 guy in each of my classes that I just L.O.V.E!

The first class of my day begins at 9 am: biology. The last few days I've sat in the same seat and "Biology Boy" always sits next to me, or typically I next to him since I'm always the one that is late. He's a freshman and is ADORABLE! He's a little on the chunky side so whenever I see his hands, they remind of little sausages but I love that. He's super naive and just doesn't have any idea what he's doing in life. He has this way of turning his head just right to where his eyes look HUGE and has the funniest facial expressions that it's everything I do to keep from laughing. He's like a precious little brother to me. And the old testing center guy from Dixie? Yes, he sits on the other side of the room. EVERY guy in this class brings their laptop everyday and everyday as I reach into my bag for my old school paper and pen, I chuckle to myself at how serious they all are. My doodling for the next hour makes me feel pretty cool too, who needs their laptop?!

On Tuesday and Thursday, I am then off to volleyball! This class is a blast! I am incredibly out of shape and practice and am sore everytime I leave, but I love it! It's only 50 minutes and I'm always way sad when it ends but there's another class right after ours and he's pretty chill about letting us stay for theirs too if we want. "Volleyball Boy" is 6'8 and CRACKS me up! His sarcasm is a little bit different but it reminds me a lot of my moms so I always understand what he's saying. One day he was on a rolll with blocking this kid Corey and Corey was laughing and taking it and throwing crap right back at him. VB (volleyball boy) jokes about his heighth all the time and how we could stand on somebody's back to try and block him back etc. He is the definition of a GENTLE GIANT!

Math class has a boy that is kinda unique. To be honest, I'm still trying to figure "Math Boy" out! He's super smart, really nice, good to help explain things to me....but oddly serious. What do I mean by odd? Wellllllll, whenever he starts laughing, he blushes and immediatly tries to "sober up" and go serious again. He literally gets embarrased by showing that he thinks something is comical! Usually, when people don't match my large sense of humor, I'm almost annoyed by it, but he just draws me in more. I'm super curious about him. And to be honest I get quite a kick out of purposely making him laugh because the way he acts is so worth it.

Best for last...."Institute Boy"! You know those boys with the adorable smiles that you immediatly think "He is so full of himself!" Well "IB" has a b-e-a-utiful smile with the best personality! He, like the others, has me laughing on a daily basis! The first time we talked, he told me about how he wrecked his bike: shattering his foot and flying 30 feet on 9th east...not a slow road! The second time we talked, he asked if I wanted to go for a ride sometime. It was one of those moments where you try REALLY hard not to laugh because you aren't sure if they're serious or not. He has such a good feeling about him and is just a genuine, great guy! I think. I obviously don't know him very well, but he seems amazing! Super nice, lights up talking about his mission, great singing voice, always laughing and cheerful, volunteers to help with things, and may or may not be related to my FAVORITE apostle :) (Elder Holland) Maybe my project for this week will be to creep on him and try to find out!



Brother Sacket ended up being at the luncheon I went to today and even at my table. At some point, dating and relationships came up. :) That poor man had no idea what he was getting himself into! John Bytheway is coming on October 1st and I am SOOO excited! I hear he's incredible :) Happy Saturday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment