Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ohhhhh you make me smile :)

There is a girl in my volleyball class that is never nice to anybody. By anybody I mean even our teacher, the assistant UVU coach. Everyday, she ends up throwing a fit for one thing or another and STOMPS over to the wall where she pushes everybody else bags out of the way so that she can lay down, put her feet up and her ipod in until he says we're good to go. Today, Brandon got sick of it. He somehow forget to "calm down his hit" and it somehow hit her right in the stomach. Weirrrrrrrrd...................

I went to Wal-Mart today and was there for well over an hour. I bought a wedding present for a friend and looked at the 5 dollar movies. I smelled shampoos and body washes. I laughed as a little kid danced for over 15 minutes in front of a glass case and was so fasinated by his own reflection. I looked at 1,000 different things of makeup. I sampled a couple bakery items. I smelled candles that make me think of fall: things like cinnamon buns, apple crisp etc. I bought candy corn. I was in absolute bliss!

Brother and Sister Hoffman did our Devotional today. For those of you that don't know them (such as myself prior to today), they have written many church songs including "Remember the Lilies" or "Lilies of the Field" or something! (oops!) He told us the background story to how he came to write it and who he was thinking of. I felt the Spirit so strong I was almost in tears. I had never listened to that song intently before and I think it's beautiful now!

Taylor and Keznee came running upstairs with Taylor laughing and when they got to the kitchen we saw why! They both had HILARIOUS sunglasses/safety goggles on. Keznee was holding an old toy gun and Taylor was laughing and screaming about a stickup. Moments like this make me so happy to be back in the family scene.

I got to park in the "Q" parking lot today! Stillllll a 10 minute walk to the front doors, but a lot closer than I usually get :)

Dominique Uata, one of my "sisters", is getting ready to get married in December. Her and Losi are such a huge example to me and I just LOVE them to death! I saw her tonight even just for a little bit, and I of course was cracking up in a matter of seconds. That girl has changed my life. I could not be more excited for them and their temple marriage!

Taylor got his mission call! So happy about this one that I couldn't stop smiling for awhile! More on that later though...

General Conference is only 1 week away. Not only am I excited for Conference itself, but I have some friends from Geezy coming up for it! AND by putting the 2 of these together, the best part of the weekend is that I got tickets so my friends that have never been before will finally get to experience it live. Again...very excited!

After Taylor opened his call, my grandpa went on a little spill about how Tijuana is the place military went for sex and violence. They don't have sidewalks there. People get killed there (we felt the need to point out that cars are hitting and KILLING people in UVU and BYU parking lots so Tijuana might be better actually) The milk is bad and the tamales are too hot. He went on and on and on while we all sat there DIEING of laughter! I think I really may have peed a little.

Skyping with Brittany and the fiasco of it all. Dad had a hard time getting his words to come right. Kez kissed the screen once, confused while she always has to talk to everyone through a computer. Tanner has a sexy face. Turns out my web cam works.

I had one of those extensive/deep talks with Roni tonight. I LOVE her! The Uata girls are just extra family to me. We can always talk about anything and I feel totally comfortable to give my opinion on everything and anything. And we went to Wendy's. Of course.

We saw some of the "cool" boys from high school. Don't worry, they made it clear they are still the shit. :) Good to know! Little do they know how we talked about them for about an hour and just laughed and laughed and laughed...

Hilary Searle and I were able to text quite a bit the last couple days. Texting is lame, yes. BUT when it's your best friend that you haven't talked to in foreverrrrrrr it seems pretty cool! I miss the days where this girl was in my life on a daily basis. I look up to her in many ways (except for literally ;) ) and have all the respect and love in the world for her!

Shay and I also got to have a phone call today. Yes, A phonecall, not 6 within 2 hours! BUT right after getting off the phone with her this time, I ran into a kid from our last attempt and he still made fun of me for hanging up on her six times last week.

I got off of work on time.

Updated my itunes and soon to be my ipod

Pay period ended today and my endless hours will soon be paying off in the form of a paycheck

I was looking for a picture tonight, and I came across this one instead! The day before I left St. George, I turned on my ipod and went for a little drive around town to visit all of my favorite little spots. (An odd little ritual I really enjoy doing whenever I leave an area) This fountain has SOOOOO many memories at it and I started laughing super hard when I saw this picture because I had forgotten about it. Yes, it's 2 am. Yes, I'm sitting alone in my room. Yes, I am literally smothering myself with a pillow to keep the volume down.

I learned to longboard around this fountain. On Dare Night, we had to kidnap awkward Jeff Ledbetter and take him here. (He was on a date so we took Tim instead) There may or may not have been a kiss that happened here. I once tripped here on my way to class and the kid behind me went to help me up, then got an awkward look on his face, pulled his hand back embarrassed and kept walking. Jerk. On the day of my biology final I was going to be late so I ran through the fountain as a shortcut. Yes, a security guard/wannabe cop CHASED ME THROUGH IT! Then he made me walk back through it and go around. Was that necessary?! Absouluty not! This was the place of at least 2 dance parties. This is where I had my AWFULLLLLLL first day of college! Sorry, that's a secret and classified story but if you're one of the FEW who have heard it, this is where it all went down. I love that fountain! Lots of memories

Life is good my friends :) Life is good! :)



1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is THANK HEAVENS for phones!! I dunno what I would do if I didn't have my phone to text you or call you on a daily bases!! You're my best friend Chan and I love you to pieces! Have a good day!! :)

    ReplyDelete