Wednesday, August 24, 2011

wedding re-cap

Wow I have been to a lot of weddings lately! (meaning receptions) I know that a lot of times I joke about how there's so many or what a pain it can be to go to them, but let's be honest: they're pretty great! I secretly love them a lot a lot! The dress, the rings, the cake, the emotions, the friends...all of it is so excited to me! With each of these last weddings, there were at least a few tears shed at each of them. I can't even tell you how happy I am for my girls that they got such great guys that match them perfectly!


Brooke here, has the cutest engagement story I have ever heard! So I'm posting that in honor of the love theme but know that my version might be slightly off and the way she tells it is SO much cuter! The essence of it is that they were at the lake to do a bonfire and it was still just the two of them down there. He was unloading the truck and came back over to her with a yellow rose. She wasn't expecting anything because he'd given her the "your ring still isn't ready for a week" speech. When he took it over to her, he started talking in third person. He told her how when he went to buy it that day, the saleslady asked what it was for and he said hopefully his fiance, he was wanting to propose that night. The lady launched into a speech about how yellow roses are for friends and so he needed a red one to make it romantic. He laughed and said that the yellow was perfect because he was giving it to his very best friend.













No comments:

Post a Comment