Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a few thoughts

I have five weddings within one week. Five.

I have officially been back in Provo for over one year. Crazzzzzy! My atttitude towards living back in "Cougartown" has flipped almost a total 180, in a positive way.

I think it's safe to say that I've grown up quite a bit in the last year since returning to the 801. For example...I have a check book, I occasionally enjoy a good sandwich and if you catch me on the right night I just might have a "This is how I feel..." talk with you. I know, look out! Baby steps. Baby steps.

Dear Provo People...I'm super sad for you that you have so much down time and get bored enough to the point where talking about my personal life becomes your priority! Instead of talking about why I may or may not be going on a mission might I give you some recommendations? Hike the Y, Stewart Falls, Bridal Veil Falls or even Timp. Go to 7 Peaks. Run through your sprinklers. Have a movie marathon. Live on the edge and wear a bikini to a BYU pool. Register for classes. Lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling. Anything! However, should you insist to continue to talk and give your opinions on my life, please take some extra time to make sure your texts are going to the right people.

Jake: I thought you just went to a wedding....

Me: I did. I go to a lot of them! I don't mind though cause I actually love weddings!

Jake: So when are you gonna have yours?

Me: I like weddings, I don't like marriages.

Tuesday=Law and Order SVU Marathon days. Never fail. I can honestly say that I look forward to this every single week and as die hard as I am for always going and being outside and doing stuff..you better believe that when Tuesday comes around, I'm on the couch in pajamas watching Elliot rough somebody up. Probably for 7 hours...

"I do NOT understand! How the ____ do you live in China for four months but you've never gone to a freakin garage sale?!" I laughed at this much harder than I should have.

I have been fortunate enought to have seen more people in concert this summer alone, than most people will in their lifetime.

Tanner/Channy vs. Ceej/Jon in volleyball? We dominated that game.

We floated the river last week. Let's be honest...I was a little nervous! I'd heard tons of horror stories as it was but throw in a fast moving river that's 100% full. Good news: we all lived. And we were CRACKING UP the whole way down.

When I was just 14, Julie Cornwell played a song for us that her brother wrote right before he went on his mission. It's adorable! He's essentially talking to his future wife, having no idea who she is but how he already loves her so much. I've had the CD for years but this week it's been on constant repeat in my car. If you've ridden with me for over 2 minutes, you've probably heard at least part of it. Or if you're Jess/Jon/Kirk you've probably had to circle the block with me while it finished playing...

The other night I helped Zach, Daniel (not to be mistaken with the other roommate Danny) and Adam move a coffee table down the road. Literally...everybody grabbed a corner and we walked down the middle of the road.

When I was at Wal-Mart the other night I saw that m&m's were on sale. $1.50 for a huge bag that's usually around $4.00 so naturally I bought nine. Not even a nice number like five or ten....NINE big bags of peanut butter m&ms.

Remember how I ate out so much in St. George (and it's a small town) that the guys at Panda Express and Cafe Rio knew my name/face/car/health conditions/major? Well...let's add the Provo Les Schwab guys to the list. So. help.me. if i have to buy any more tires!

Great news! Only THREE more hours until my dear little graveyard shift is over. Sad thing is there's a good chance I'll take a quick 2 hour nap and get back up. Hike the Y, float the river, bike ride in the canyon, laundry, pack....who has time to sleep.

I'm house sitting this week.

I still mess words up sometimes when I'm tired or super stressed or not paying attention or sometimes just because. A really funny one the other day was "For all makes and models...." "Don't you mean like intents and purposes?" ooops.



I am obsessed with change lately! Outfits, furniture arrangements, blog style, blog title, blog picture, perfume arrangement (???), nail color, toe nail color, apartment location and hair.


For lack of finding my "before" picture, this is essentially what my hair looked like in May...
...as of yesterday this is what it now looks like.
-7 inches, +some purple/red and a darker brown.
and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment