Thursday, August 11, 2011

real life Grey's

A few weeks ago, I got into a fairly intense arguement with one of my friends who insists that he hates the show Grey's Anatomy for the mere fact that: "People in medical jobs are too high stress to actually be friends like that! That's too fake..." Realizing (while at work on the graveyard) that today is exactly 1 year since working at Beehive, I couldn't disagree more. I had some great "work friends" in St. George too but here's a few of the Provo people that are more than just work buddies.

Brian...definetly not a friend actually but always good for a laugh! Stole narcotics and tried to blame it on others, fell asleep with the door propped open and my personal favorite...flooded the laundry room. Dear Brian, I wish you the best with "life" but do. not. miss.you.
So so so so so happy that the morning shift kicked their note writing habit.

Dearest Cherish! She was a blast to work with which was good because we worked together a LOT! We mainly bonded over boys. She was dating a douche bag and I've had my fair share of them so we loved to laugh over our stories. We were both in school and at about the same point, so it was good to have somebody on my level in that area.

Homegirl moved back to Nevada a few months ago but I still miss her

Lindsay Grimm! The friend that I do the most "activites" with outside of work. We have the same adventurous spirit and on snowy days in January and February we'd get super excited and make elaborate plans for all the fun things we'd do in the summer! Check. Moab, Causey, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw...MANY good times with Linds! We also were the movie junkies.







Freakin Hil-Bug! SO much fun to work with, as the picture above so clearly demonstrates. We could turn anything into a laugh and a good time. Including the night I forgot about biscuits in the oven, burnt them, tossed one at her jokingly and she grabs 4 with a war cry and chases me into a residents room while chucking them at me. Or when she sprayed me with the hose. Or when we did ballet in the front room. Or when we explored the attic. Yes, it took us 40 minutes just to get the stairs down but we did it. Or when we tried to teach room 2 Marco/Polo. working with her was the best on bad days cause she easily made them better!

(Or the day she thought she threw a tube of eye drops away) hahaha

Ol' Kim! My sister trained me, but Kim was the first "real" employee I met here.

Kim is easily one of my very good friends. And she'll try to deny it but I'm her bestie! Kim is awesome and has been such a blessing in my life. We've talked about ironic wedding situations, calls to stake presidents, body functions, she's helped diagnose me, we've cried in the laundry room and the hallways and the dining room and the kitchen and the office. Kim's the first person I ever told that I was going on a mission and she was there when I opened my call. She helped me find STUPID Los Hermanos in Lindon even though it took 17 phone calls and she even saved me a seat and ordered for me. Kim is great for giving me perspective. Kim is motivated and one of the most focused and hard working people I know.


Ty I don't have pictures of, but he's AWESOME! One of our residents put it best when she said that we were like a really funny brother and sister. Ty is so easy going and mellow, which is a definete plus in a job that can bring nothing but crazy and chaos. Ty is a hard worker and he's honest. Ty is hilarious! Not as much as he thinks he is, but he is pretty funny. Like Kim, he always asks about life and when I say a name, he makes the connection. Ty is great at giving advice and the male perspective to my life which I have needed.


Long story short...I freakin love my job and the people I have been able to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment