Thursday, August 11, 2011

my China dears

August 13th and August 19th are big days. The 13th, Rachel Holt is marrying Mr. Utterback in the (Salt Lake?) temple for time and all eternity and on the 19th it'll be Miss Shelley Henricksen a the Mt. Timpanogas Temple marrying Landon Cook. I love both of these girls SO much! The irony in Shelley's date is that it's 2 years EXACTLY from when we left for China, which I where I met both Rachel and Shelley.


I can't even explain to you what kinds of times I've had with these girls! Rachel was the first one that was a facebook add and we chatted for about an hour, 4 hours before we were flying out. When I actually got to the airport and was waiting to check my bags, Shelley and I got talking and realized that we were going to the same city. We've had cake fights and dance parties and shopping trips and sight seeing. Tears and laughs. We partied with philipilno rock stars in Beijing. We rode trains for over 52 hours at a time. We did house visits. We tried to choose tea from juice. We named kids and talked about friends at home. We made music videos and bed dances and lived through one of the craziest experiences that any of us have ever gone through.


















(literally 10 minutes after meeting Shelley and about to go through security)


I couldn't be happier for both of you! After all of our "board talks" and what we wanted in guys and husbands and what's really important, I'm so excited that both of you are ending up with awesome guys that are worthy of you. And can't wait to get to be a part of your big day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment