Tuesday, August 23, 2011

U put the U in Undateable

Adaiza sent me a text that had me laughing way hard today: "So a couple of hours ago I saw that guy that kept asking you out that was in your institute class haha the one that got you back stage with colbie....." I've had some extrememly interesting dating experiences!

The boy that took me for ice cream and talked about his ex...the WHOLE time. And then called her walking back to the car, to see how her job interview had gone. The scum that ended up being married and I worked with his sister-in-law. The fellow that sat in his truck outside my apartment while me, Adaiza and Shay drove around for 2 1/2 hours waiting for him to leave. The piece of work that told me I could lose some weight. The joke that took me to a movie, got up in the middle, went to the row in front of us and laid down. And text me that I should come join him. The grin that purposed with fireworks going off for summer games. The cheapo that made me buy my own dinner. The voice-sound-alike that made me snort all night trying to laugh that I was talking to Napolean Dynamite. The cocky little guy that took me to a haunted house and got mad that I wrinkled his shirt when the chain saw guy jumped out. The wreck that rear ended a car on the way to the movie and we had to walk to his moms. Where we hung out...for almost two hours. Trust me, I could go on!

However, none of these winning males even COMPARE to ol' "J"...what a character this boy is! He sat by me on the first day and told me that he wished he had a date night open for me cause he knew "a few great movies that had to be about to hit redbox." The next week Colbie Cailat was coming to town. He asked me to be his date, I told him I already had tickets with friends, he insisted he could get us backstage to meet her after because he was doing security for it.

The whole concert he sat there texting me what song would be next, asking what other singers I like, how cute we looked dancing along, seeing if we were having fun, that he could hear us yelling and calling to see if I was feeling any better because I was super sick that whole week. I was trying really hard to stay patient but if you know me at all, you know this isn't exactly my kind of guy...

We had gone to lunch the day before the concert as a "thank you" type of thing. I was sick, we were both busy so he deemed it an appropriate gesture and that after that he'd feel okay to get me back stage. As I went to leave and meet up with my friends again for our sleepover (4 of which from out of town), estatic to tell them the story, "J" jumps in front me and asks what I'm doing now because he's got some family stuff he could use some help with. I tried to stay polite but may or may not have lost patience at that point when he literally wouldn't move his arm from in front of me. He let me by with a "Well you owe me then." I thought nothing of it.

The next week, I was at work and my phone goes off with a text from none other than "J". He apparently picked up on my feelings to him because he no longer asked, but insisted that I go to the temple with him for our first date that coming Saturday. Looooooong story short, he blew up on me after I repeatedly insisted that I couldn't and left me alone after informing me that he was shocked and disappointed that I'd put work before the temple.

To make and even longer story short, for the next month I had great run-ins with him. It got to the point where I switched my class. My second day at a different one, he walked down the hallway and just HAPPENED to glance in the door. My heart dropped and I honestly thought I'd crapped my pants. He came and sat by me, turned his chair to face me and just stared at me. After 20 minutes of me not turning my head towards him, he finally huffed and left. And text me immediatly after....


J informed me that he wasn't pleased with my behavior lately. That he was sorry that he left but he had other things to do today. How he was glad that my salvation wasn't as far off as I had implied it to be. He wrapped the glorious thing up with how he hoped "that one day I would find a man on my own level that will be content with my faults and love me anyways."


What a keeper, right?!


(I can easily say this is the most stressful picture I've ever gotten)

No comments:

Post a Comment