Tuesday, November 23, 2010

'Tis the Season of Giving and Thanks

Last year, I was in China for Thanksgiving. I have never been more thankful for sooooo many things in my life. It was a HUGE eye opener to just how much I truly am blessed with aside from the typical, no brainer things that I usually think of first. This year I have once again found myself surrounded with an incredible abundance of blessings and good in life.

I am thankful for my job. Even on the days that I have to remind myself of that over and over and over again. I am thankful for Taylor and his amazing example. I am thankful for my car. Even on the days that there is an inch of frost on the INSIDE of my window, the nights it doesn't reverse, the mornings I find it full of water, the darkness every night as the lights refuse to work and my horn that sticks as I drive all the way down state street. I am thankful for Dominique Uata for MANY MANY things that she has taught me and the endless times that she has been there for me. Most abundantly right now, I am thankful for her example as she is getting ready to be married in the temple next week. I am thankful for my warm warm house. I have never been colder in my life than what I was at this time last year, so it makes me incredibly grateful to be able to come home at night and actually get warm. I am thankful for my dear old dad. For the times that I call him crying to move me home with 2 days notice, for sacrificing anything and everything for others, for never thinking of himself, for working harder than anyone that I know and for loving me no matter how many times I screw up and make things difficult for him. I am thankful for Hilary Searle for being one of the greatest friends that I have ever had! She always calls right as I need her, encourages me, makes me laugh and is a huge example to me in every way. I am thankful for Jonny Lingo for sending me the "divine inspiration" and belly laughs on almost a weekly basis. I am thankful that I am FINALLY learning the importance of school and education. I am thankful for the amazing trips that I've been able to take. I have seen breathtaking places, had eye opening experinces and some reallllllllllly fun times! I am thankful for Dr. Holmes knowing me like the back of his hand, his humor and of course his medical knowledge. I am thankful for P. Mosh and for the HILARIOUS times we have no matter what we're doing. Even when we're running [literally] to get scan trans for our finals. I am thankful for J. Farns who not only said "I'm here whenever you need me" but meaning it also. I am thankful for hard times that teach me a lot. Even in those moments that I just want to curl up and die, I still know that there's a lesson in it and that no matter how bad things get, they will ALWAYS ALWAYS get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment