Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanks..Giving 2010

Thankgiving break has been a great one! Right now as I sit in the recliner, with the snow outside and surrounded by Christmas through our house while watching our old family home videos, I DO NOT want to go back to school! at all. And even less do I want to get up and go finish my monsterous pile of math assignments, laundry and cleaning my room. Blahhh.

Watching these videos has always been a favorite of our family. Re-living the boys wrestling and fighting, riding horses, old Christmas programs, piano recitals, Taylor learning how to wash dishes, dress up days at school, volleyball and basketball games and the Light parades. I talked to one of my friends this week that's having a hard time with a lot of stuff right now and a lot of it has stemmed from childhood stuff. Makes me INCREDIBLY happy that my parents gave me such a good childhood with so much fun and so many good memories.

Christmas season is now in full swing and I L.O.V.E. it! If you haven't been down Center Street lately, take a drive down there because it is all kinds of lit up and decorated. I bought 2 new Christmas CD's that are quickly becoming favorites. The tree is up and lit and presents are already quickly piling up under there. Lights on the banister and the tree in the corner. Wreaths and poinsettas and navitiy and snowmans also have gathered in our front room. Not to mention the REAL snow outside that puts the icing on the cake for Christmas time.

Like I said, the break has been great! This year was the first time I've had to work the morning of Thanksgiving and it made me so happy for the overall health my family has been blessed with and my functional body that lets me do whatever I tell it to do. I worked until 11 (which ended up being 12) and then ran home to change and head down to grandma's. By my lonesome. It was fun though and it gave me a lot of time to think about everything and everyone I have in my life that I love. With my family eating at 12 I was definetly eating alone by the time I got there but it was fun to see everybody and play our HOURS of games after. It was definetly a little bit odd to not have Eric and his family there. Having Tanner ride with me on the way back had me laughing really hard and reminded me again just how much I love that kid.

Lots of food. Lots of pie. Helping cook a 25 pound turkey. Time with family. Games with family. A few flurrys of snow. Laughing at "THE BLIZZARD OF 2010" that barely even dusted over our lawn. Brittany coming home. Black Friday shopping at Park City Outlets with Kirk at the last minute. F.R.E.E.Z.I.N.G. to death outside running from place to place and praying the car heater wouild finally kick in. Getting my hair re-done a new color again. Unexpected phone calls from good friends. Unexpected texts from my lovely math boy. Late night hot tubbing run in the "blizzard." Sleepovers at J. Farns. WAYYYYYY too much shopping. Working with people I love. Christmas music and movies. Lots of snow. Jaqui and Lizi's joined farewell. UVU basketball game. Coldstone runs. Found MY NEW APARTMENT! :) Finally got to talk and catch up with dear Nicoley Sue. Harry Potter 7 on the first day. And THANKFULLY no more "fun" loratab texts or calls.

Maybe after Sunday dinner I'll consider doing some homework...or maybe not ;)

1 comment:

  1. We're happy the deals were great! Thanks for shopping with us. Visit www.parkcityinfo.com for more winter deals.

    ReplyDelete