Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas Song Lovin'

Christmas has always been a pretty big deal to our family. It's "our holiday" for sure! When we were little, I remember my mom playing Christmas music for us once the holiday season started rolling around. One of the songs that was fun to listen to was I'll be Home for Christmas. I don't know if it was off a movie or just my imagination, but I picture this girl headed on a plane, so excited to be going home for Christmas and I loved it. My family has always been living pretty close to each other, with everybody there each year, so it was a fun idea for somebody to be coming home for my favorite time of year.

Last year, that girl on a plane, so excited to be going home for Christmas was me! 4 months in China was coming to an end and it was the perfect timing to be going home just 3 days before Christmas. In our weeks before coming, I'll be Home for Christmas was frequently blasted through Allie and I's room. Coming down those escalators and seeing most of my family standing there, knowing that we were right in the middle of the Christmas season, was the best feeling I have ever had! I wrote in my journal that ".....home for Christmas was the best! I stayed up after everybody was asleep and just cried listening to I'll be Home for Christmas because it was so true! China was AMAZIMG but with coming home, I am so happy right now that I can't even explain it!"


For as great as it was last year, this year it is so much better! Take the "happiest feeling ever" and multiply it by 10 and you have 2010. Last year, we were kinda skeptical that it would be our last Christmas together for a few years. However, that will be THIS year. This year will be the last year that our whole family can say I'll be Home for Christmas. Britt will be coming up from Cedar for almost a whole month. Her semester will be over and about to be starting her last in the nursing program but hopefully they'll give her enough of a break that we'll have lots of play time. Jake will be coming home for 2 weeks of leave from Iraq! I'm pretty sure I can already sum up how his trip will go with: overwhelmed and exhausted. Everybody is so excited for him to come! Not to mention his cute little baby that will also be gracing us with their presense :) And one of the best is that Taylor will have his last Christmas at home before he leaves for his 2 year mission. There's a chance that him and Tanner could overlap, so it'll be the last time for maybe 4 years that everyone is here.


I've already been excited for this but yesterday at Wal-Mart (of course) it finally hit me! And so my dear family, please hurry home! People at the Olsen home for Christmas 2010?....
Nurse McAlmost Nurse
Yo Momma!

G.I. Jake

Uhhh...NurseMcAlmost Nurse again haha
Da Booted Queen
Booted 5 times from August 11th to October 30th...ridiculous
Favorite FM (future missionary)

Shakin Mr. Yoplait

Santa's Favorite!



"...I'm dreaming tonight, of a place I love. Even more than I usually do...it's a long road back. I promise youuuu, I'll be home for Christmas. You can count on me."
42 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment