Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I wish boys still had cooties

Does he like children?...is he good with children?....WOULD HE BE ABLE TO SUPPORT ME?...is he a guy that has a good job?...is he a good family guy?....COULD I TRUST HIM?..why does he swear so much?....does he still struggle with that stuff?....I wonder how he interacts with his mom and sisters?...does he make me laugh?...DOES HE HAVE A STRONG TESTIMONY?....does he make me want to be a better person?...would he get along with my dad and grandpa?...would he try flirting with my roommates?...DOES HE HAVE MY FRIENDS APPROVAL?....does he keep his commitments?...I wonder if he always tells me the truth?...WOULD I TRUST HIM WITH KEZNEE?...I don't care much about his past, but does he still have any ongoing issues? ..WOULD HE BE TEMPLE WORTHY?....does HE want to get married in the temple?
These are the constanttttttt voices in my head! I honestly am not to the point where I even want to THINK about marriage, but that doesn't help shut the voices up at all. This is part of the reason that I don't even want to be going on dates right now. Not. Appealing. I have had too much of a guy overload in the last 8 months. Too much drama. Too many secrets. Too little sleep. Too much ego. Too much pride. Too many hurt feelings. So to all the people curious about "the boy" in my life....that's exactly what he is! A 16 year old boy!




My little brother Tanner is currently my FAVORITE boy! It get's even better because even with my guy friends, they have roommates or other guy friends that they want me to go out with or meet or whatever. After leaving I get texts like "So what did you think of...." "...could I give him your number?" "...you should go out with him!" or other crap. Tanner is fun! We go hiking, play volleyball or basketball, homework quizes, make brownies etc. Today I picked him up from school and we went to lunch at the beloved Pier 49 while we laughed about the "cool" football players that never change and bad administrators. The only "relationship" talk we ever have is laughing at the boys that text me when we're hanging out or ones from the past that I've told Tanner about. And he always cracks me up with his straightforward, too honest answers of what I should reply to some of these boys. Friday we're going to Harry Potter 7 and then next Friday we're going to the JAZZ vs. LAKERS game! I freakin love this kid!
"Sooo...youd rather go with youre brother instead?" Yes Brock I sure would! :) He is a lot more fun and he doesn't make me sick. And it's the chill hangout that I love instead of you trying to make me feel stupid for wearing sweats or wanting to go do something random. And for the record, it's you'd and your. Try to spell before you try to start a relationship.


Did I mention that ONE MONTH FROM TODAY another great boy comes home?!

WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment