Thursday, March 3, 2011

frenzy of February

February was phenominal! "The month of love" ended up being pretty well suited because I saw a LOT of people that mean alot to me. In January my friend was laughing at me and my "out of control" life and he wanted to plan something out for each weekend in February so ensure that "the chaos stayed at an appropriate level." Totally joking, but it ended up being fairly true.

Weekend #1
This story alone pretty sums up why I love Andy and Hil as much as I do: 8:15 on a Friday night I text Hil that I missed her and was tempted to go up to Logan that night. At 8:30 she called me. I got off of work, ran home, threw a bunch of stuff into an empty rubbermade box (cause I didn't even take the time to find my luggage) and by 10:40 I was at a jersey dance party with her and the guys. The rest of the weekend was pretty typical to most of the times we hang out! I know I say it a lot, but I seriously love them to death! They have "saved" me so many times and think of them as 1 of the many reasons I had to move to St. George.





Weekend #2


The Monday that I got home from Lo-Town, we found out that grandma had passed away in the night sometime. That week was crazy as I worked and tried to get school set enough that I could take off for another weekend. Thursday night, I left with Ashlee and the babies and Tan-Man for a few days down in Sanpete. Great discovery of that week?! Mt. Pleasant actually has a hotel. And a pretty nice one. At first I thought it was bad to say, but I had a blast those 3 days! I met new cousins for the first time and saw some of them that I haven't seen in years. There was a tonnnnn of food, the funniest game of Mafia that has ever been played and of course: the cousin heighth picture.






Weekend #3


This was a "defrost" weekend: St. Geezy trip! I'd met Thad's sister a couple of times but we'd never really hung out or talked. However, we drove down together with her friend Amanda and it was so much fun! (Minus the insane ticket of course) Lenzie is such a cool girl and is so fun to hang out with. It was fun to actually get to know her after all I'd heard about her from Thad. P Mosh met us in Cedar to get lunch and she ended up making me go to bio with her. I escaped during a pee break and went for a walk with my sister instead. Yet again: another awesome weekend! Bonfire, movies movies movies, photoshoot, hiking the snow canyon caves during the day (which was a first for me), seeing the "Red Lobster" friends, a little shopping, 2 basketball games and a few parties. Sometimes it's almost hard to go visit because it makes me miss it so much, but I love to go back and it's always fun to see people again.





Weekend #4


It was finally time for a weekend in "Happy Valley." From the Monday we got back from St. George, to the following Sunday I worked a grand total of 64 hours. I was beyond burned out and tired but I was still feeling some kind of party. It's the "I need to do something before I go crazy" type of thing. Friday I got off of work early to (literally) run to a lecture for a class, go meet up with Anna and her dance company to take pictures for photo, then home to shower and take a 20 minute "nap" before I went rock climbing with James. So. Much. Fun. That's the first time I've ever gone and I am in love with it. I had a call from Lenzie so I met up with her and some others at a dance. The next night I got off early again, got called back, but still ended up at a dance last minute where I hung out with Christina and Andrew and Nicole for the first time in forever. (And thank you Andrew for not literally being disguested with me all night)













Other cool February events? I had sushi that was amazing (and technically for the first time). This also included getting to see Brie, Parker and Ryan for the first time in months and finally meeting the Jared I've heard so much about. We followed it up with "Green Hornet" that Brie assured us was hilarious...and we weren't disappointed!


Tanner Perry and Clayton Conley and Kahea Clark are back and as funny as ever! For different reasons, but funny nonetheless ;) They both did such an amazing job at their welcome homes (even though Claytons was in December and Kahea in Septemeber-but it's fun that we're finally hanging out) an it's fun to see how they've changed, but at the same time stayed the same. Like Tanner's funny voices, their laughs and the way Clayt still gets offended when I say he has emo music.
I fell in love with Spencer a little bit more. In a friend way of course :) He is such an AWESOME guy and continues to always be so respectful and kind. It's impossible for me to drink any type of juice without thinking about him. He text me to meet him one day that I was busy, "Come on...I'll buy you another juice!" and we had such a good talk. It was awesome to see such a high quality, classy guy treat me so great when technically he didn't owe me anything. I thought to other guys from the past that (in my mind) might have "owed me" a little bit more respect with the way they handled things going on between us and then Spencer came in and was such a GREAT guy! I am so happy that I met him, he's a good friend!
Bring on the madness of March :)

No comments:

Post a Comment