Thursday, October 28, 2010

HAPPY HAPPY [late] BIRTHDAY!

Dear God,
1 week and 21 years ago, you sent Hilary Searle to dear Miss Steph. I think that is one of the best decisions you ever made! I met Hilary (aka Tink, Hill Billy, Tinkie Winkie, Hilb, Shortfry, Fun Size, Hil) in 2009 shortly after moving to St. George. I honestly feel like I have known her forever!

I am so happy that you gave her so many good qualities! You made her strong. You made her to be not only a good friend, but a GREAT one! You gave her a super strong testimony. You made it so that family in important and her friends mean the world to her. You gave her so much patience that I think you may have accidently given her mine. That's okay though because she is giving a lot of it back to me :)

You gave her a strong mind that she has made really smart. You made service and helping others important to her. You gave her one of the BEST laughs and an even greater sense of humor! She has laughed off everything from getting hit in the face with pudding, falling while trying to escape our apartment, funny texts sent when she leaves her phone, and even Anna peeing on her doorstep! You give her inspiration to know exactly when she needs to call me and the perfect words for what I need to hear.

Thank you for putting her in my life! I have SO MUCH fun with her no matter what we're doing. Even the nights we have sleepovers and are supers super tired and end up laying there taking pictures for over 45 minutes. There is not a single time that we do something, that doesn't have me rolling (and sometimes peeing) in laughter! She has been a true blessing and the answer to many many many many prayers.

I can not even count all the great adventures you have sent our way! California, pulled over on New Years Eve, darenight, movie nights, sick nights at BYU Creamery, monkey attacks in Logan, sleepovers, Vegas trips, ATTEMPTS at homework nights, seeing Paul Milsap, building forts in the front room to watch Disney movies, Chinese Sunday dinner night, dances and dance parties, illegal gambling, streaking on golf courses, summer drives through Zions, fires, Mav runs, basketball games, cruinsin with "Mini Coop Crew" and many many more. Like that time at Wal-Mart where the scary man kidnapped me when I was in the cart and she and the others hid from me while he wheeled me around. Littttttle scary!

I think of her whenever I hear songs like "My Life Would Suck Without You", "Dynamite" and OF COURSE "Gives You Hell!" I will never be able to thank you enough for sending her! Please help her to know how much I love her and how much she means to me!

Love, Chan









































1 comment:

  1. You made me cry Chan! Seriously, I cried like a baby! Thanks for being such a great friend to my Hilly! (by the way, another name for her could be Tex) you will have to ask her about that one. haha.
    Love ya,
    Stephanie (Hill's Mom)

    ReplyDelete