Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Find Out Who Your Friends Are"

It's funny how quickly everything can change in life. About 1 1/2 weeks ago, everything was going GREAT, I was oddly optimistic and annoyingly happy. Then one day you wake up and something "hits you." So...you shake it off and keep going. Then the next day, I wake up late and find out I bombed a math test. I go outside in the POURING rain to walk across campus for my probation meeting and try and figure out summer school. Then friend drama. Then I find out I still don't get to have a car down here (Yay probation). Then stupid boys mess things up. Then I get sick. Then family stuff comes up. Slowly, things are bringing me down and I'm not able to really shake it off as much. When I FREAKED that our garbage disposale broke, I realized that it was time to get away for a little while.



I love that song "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" and believe it to be absoulutly true! Here is another little "shoutout" or thank you or whatever to the people that I love that much more lately! ......

Penny, Veronica and Dom. They have ALWAYS been there through all of my stupid drama and crap! They (and Ashlyn) are the biggest reasons I made it through high school the way that I did and they've stayed my best friends even since graduating and everybody starting to go their own ways.

Shay Harvey. I met her down here about this time last year and she's hilarious! I love "Shay moments" when she says the stupidest things and doesn't get mad when I make fun of her and take things too far. And she always drives clear over to pick me up for school, then back to campus, then back over the hill AGAIN to go home after. Thank you taxi girl!

BRIEZY! She is so awesome! She's a new roommate I met just a couple weeks ago when I moved down here but she's pretty much in the "best friend" category as well at this point. I LOOOOOVE talking to her! I feel like we're on the same page with a lot of things in life right now and she always has the perfect balance of listening and input. I love our dance parties, driving in her adorable car, going to Durangos, going to Coldstone, studying in the library, venting late at night, camping in the hallway and belting out our favorite songs! And of course laying on a blanket outside while we make lunch and attempt to work on homework :) (Yes this picture was at the end of January and yes we're in shorts and t-shirts)

SAAAAAM! This was on his "hater night!" One second we're yelling and he claims he hates me (which is a LIE always), then the next second he tells me I'm his best friend :) WOOH! He's like a brother to me! He always has my back and is so helpful whenever I need ANYTHING! He's the best! Except he needs to work on watching movies because so far all we get to see is "just the best parts"

J-FARNS! I realize that this picture is in 2 posts in a row but I do NOT even care! :) Like Dom, Ron and Pen, I met Jess in high school and have not only stayed close, but have gotten closer since graduating. She seems to always call at the perfect time and always knows what I need to hear whether I'm ecstatic, pissed, crying etc. And she's a good influence for getting me to do nicer things ;)

The BRANDT fam! Jake, Ashlee and Keznee girl. I love them! Ashlee and I haven't been close until recently but I'm really glad that we are now. I look up to Jake and her SOOO much! (Kinda because I'm taller than both...but figuratively speaking!) Jake is in the military and a few months ago he found out that he was going to be getting deployed. On top of this, having a new baby, moving, and change of military plans at the drop of a hat, they have handled everything SOO well! They have stayed so optimistic, and have kept the big picture in mind the whole time and just trying to make the best of the crappy situations that keep getting thrown at them. And Keznee is just adorable so she's thrown in here just for kicks :)

Brittany Cal. She sucks at "gottcha last" but I guess she's cool overall. We're 15 months apart and so obviously I've known her my whole life and she's always been my best friend. Sometimes I forget this, but at the end of the day it's always her. I can always tell her ANYTHING and she sits and listens to all of it without judging me or interrupting me and matching what emotion I need right then. And of course it's always fun saying that we're twins (like in the picture on our 21st birthday at Texas Roadhouse). She's always excited for me with whatever random thing I have going on, or whatever trip I'm talking about taking.
ER Bear! She was my first ever roommate and I love her to death! Our first "bonding" moment was when we found out that my name is actually her middle name. She got me to see a whole new perspective on life. She is such a good example of keeping your priorities straight and knowing what's most important in life. She's so loving and will do anything for people in need. Not to mention that we have had COUNTLESS good times of laughing hysterically! No matter how mad/sad I can be in a day, hanging out or talking to her will flip a 180 for me. Her family totally adopted me since I've moved down here and just totally accepted me as "one of their own." Now she's married but she still always makes time for me and thankfully we've stayed really close.
Thank you for always being there for me! Even when I know that ALL of you have much better things you could be doing with your limited spare time. Love youuuu!







No comments:

Post a Comment