Thursday, October 13, 2011

22 life lessons

In only 2 weeks, my birthday will be rolling around once again. October 29th is a day that I kinda look forward to for 364 days of the year. Last year, turning 21 wasn't super awesome. I didn't really do much and had no plans with friends so I headed up to Logan late that night. Thank you to Hill and Andy for making the last few hours of it awesome! We passed the birthday candle, got Mt. Dew and balloons and danced at the White Owl and spent the weekend with two of my best friends.
It's hard to believe another year has already rolled around! I was talking with a friend the other night and he made me realize just how much things have changed and what a heck of a year it has been. In honor of soon turning 22, here are 22 lessons or facts that I have learned for myself in the last year...

1. Even in Logan you can get booted. Even on your birthday.

2. "Drinks" are always essential at work.

3. I used to think that laughing really hard was the greatest feeling in the world....then I got to hug some of my best friends that I hadn't seen in over two years. Laughing became the number two.

4. It is possible to truly forgive people. And I highly reccomend it

5. Days where I ditch college life and go hang out with my family (namely Kez and Jax) are essential. Typically the greatest days of the week.

6. It is okay to chop off your hair when you feel like you're losing your mind and that life is falling apart. One day you will probably wake up and realize that you even love it.

7. People still are not going to come to you wanting to be your friend; you have to make an effort.

8. Watching Ash deal with Jake's deployment while raising two children made me realize what an amazing sister I have!

9. Realizing exactly where you're supposed to be and exactly what you're supposed to be doing is the most incredible and peaceful feeling. Do. Not. do anything to mess that up.

10. People will continue to die. Never left the good things unsaid.

11. I learned the real truth to "Those who mind don't matter; and those who matter don't mind."

12. There's a good chance I'll never get roommates who clean. But I've come to peace by realizing that at least when I do it, it's done my way and it's done well.

13. I now understand why people stress over finals week. Cheeeeeers to actually doing college.

14. Second chances are okay. Even third's are reasonable sometimes. But never a fourth.

15. Most times in my life, I do not understand what direction I am headed in. But it's exciting and it's a thrill. And there's joy in the ride.

16. I had no idea just how important being LDS is to me.

17. Sometimes life is all dependent on the view. If you want to see the bad you will. If you want to see the good, you can find it no matter what your circumstances.

18. Saying goodbye really never does get any easier.

19. Being your real, true self really is the only way to go through life. Somebody might like the you that you portray yourself to be, but they might love the real you.

20. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.

21. Even your darkest and hardest day is only 24 hours...and then you can only go up from there.

22. I am more blessed than I realize on a day-to-day basis.

Life truly is amazing! And I can't wait to see what happens in year twenty-two!

1 comment: