Saturday, July 30, 2011

power of music

July 10th there was a mix up at work that made me and another girl double scheduled. Essentially we had 4 girls when only 2 had to be there. I was quick enough to be the first to dibs going home. I was having a crazy week (nothing unusual) and the last place I wanted to be was work. I decided to run by my mom's for dinner and on the way there I got a text about Sherrie Dew speaking for our stake relief society that night. As much as I wanted to just hit the sweats and couch with finally a night off, I booked it back to my apartment to change after dinner, picked up my mom and sister and headed to the church.

You know those times where after you leave, you understand why you were supposed to go? This was one of those times. I'd kept walls up all day and even that night but at the end there was a musical number that melted my insides, so to speak. Beautiful song+emotions on edge+violin playing along made for a small melt down. I stepped out into the hall and half listened to it, half tried to regain composure. I looked it up after I got home though and I love it! I strongly reccomend you take a listen. I don't know how to upload the video on this so if it doesn't work check "Daughter of a King" on youtube.

http://youtu.be/fUSIZ_EjLm8

3 comments:

  1. Chantel, I love this song it is amazing and I love the meaning of the song. Whenever I'm done this is the song I listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song! I sang it in sacrament meeting a while ago. And this week I am sinnging it at an old folks home & at a baptism! I love the meaning of it & love hearing it when i question who i am! Love you Channy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete