Wednesday, May 4, 2011

shoutout!

Apparantly I have this thing with crying in laundry rooms. Sad, but true.

Especially if it's April.


Back in April 2009, Ericka, Hill and I went down to switch over laundry and play a little air hockey. With a totally random call from my brother, I ran outside to talk to him for a minute while they continued to play. As I walked inside I "looked like a ghost" and both of them could tell something was wrong. Then came the water works! Like 40 minutes of them...



April 2011 I left work to go to a meeting with my Bishop. Luckily I was working with one of my besties that night so it wasn't a huge deal. When I came back, my mind and everything was going crazy so I headed straight to the laundry room, hoping that a lack of human interaction would help me keep my emotions together for a little bit.



Then Miss Kim came walking in. She simply folded her arms, leaned against the counter and asked "How did it go?" Then came the water works! (Something about the smell of clean laundry and the comforting warm air just makes me fall apart I guess) She gave me a hug and stood there listening to my rambling and sobbing and freaking out and swearing and doubts and excitement and just cried with me. Then she gave me all the re-assurance and love that I needed right then.


Kim is a blast to work with! With the exception of my sister, she was the first person I interacted with at my new job and I love her to death. She's kind of on the sister level at this point. She answered her phone all 14 times that I called her trying to find the Lindon Los Hermanos when I was across the street from Hale Center Theatre. She leaves me notes...everywhere. She listens to my venting and raving no matter what the subject. She covers for me. She trades me shifts. She doesn't always let her husband make fun of me. We listen to the same music and take pictures and 45 minutes to clean up dinner because we start laughing at things and get so caught up in talking. She goes into nurse mode and gives me awkward medical opinions/advice. Unlike Hil, she doesn't spray me with the kitchen hose. She doesn't get mad when I send her TMI texts in the middle of the night and makes fun of me for months afterward. She has been the MOST supportive and re-assuring person since I decided to go on a mission...



THANK YOU!
It has seriously meant the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment