Wednesday, May 18, 2011

late as usual!

April 23rd is a special day

It's mom and dad's ann-i-ver-sar-y!

Happy anniversary! Happy anniversary!

Ha-have a happy anni-ver-sary!

(you should have heard when we sang it)
My parents marriage has always been "different" to me. Growing up, about 90% of my friends parents were divorced or it wasn't uncommon to hear them fighting or arguing or bashing on each other. I never saw that with my parents. It wasn't until about 3 years ago that I realized just how truly amazing my parents love for each other is: they're a team ALWAYS! Whether 'punishing' us, deciding if we can hang out that weekend, where to vacation, or big things like moving us to Provo, they always decide it together. Gender roles? Non-existent. I've grown up watching my dad change my brothers (and now niece and nephew) diapers, attempt to put my hair in a ponytail and help my mom clean the house and wash dishes. They support each other. They both have had some hefty callings of Bishop (twice), Relief Society Presidency, Young Womens Presidency and yearsssss of endless scout camps to name a few.

They have taught me about true love! In the past years when I didn't believe in/wanted nothing to do with marriage, it was always their example towards each other that kept some flicker of hope for me. I don't remember them fighting even once! They make each other laugh. My dad kisses my mom when he gets home from work. She starts crying and instantly their hands find each other. They were always "unified" in their decisions. They've shown through example how important the Church is.

I love the way they treat each other and how much their marriage really means to me.

HAPPY THIRTY YEARS TOGETHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment