Tuesday, August 17, 2010

longest post of my life? check.

Things have been crazy lately! As rare as they are, I realized this week I start every blog post, journal entry and missionary letter with that same line but it is unbelievably true! I remember hearing when I was little that the older you get the fast time seems to go by and I could not agree more!

Birthdays
Andy Walker turned 21 on July 14th! Megan, Hilary and I (and of course Andy) went down to Vegas for a couple nights to party it up. I hadn't seen them since March and it was so much fun to catch up and get to be with them again. We NEVER stop laughing, joking around and just having a blast no matter what we're doing. If we're stuck in traffic on the strip, you'll find us talking to people in funny accents in the cars next to us. Andy has always been such a good example to me! When we first met, I thought that she hated me but turns out that she's really just kinda shy at first. Who isn't? For the last year we've gotten way close and I look up to her alot Love you Buttercup! :)
Brie Gutzman. There's been previous posts about her from this last semester but it was also her birthday August 16th where she turned 20 and officially became an adult! Congrats Briezy! I had work and so I didn't get to see her until the day after but again....so much fun! It doesn't matter what I'm doing with her, we have a blast! Living with Brie was the greatest blessing I had for Spring semester. We were on the same page and going through a lot of the same things together so it was perfect. She quickly became one of my best friends and I love her to death!

Trips
All summer I've wanted to go to California and it finally happened the last week of July. With 1 week notice, Pierie and I loaded up her little CRV and headed to San Luis Obismo and San Diego. We went to our first drive in movie, the beach, rode the trolley, SHOPPING, swings at the beach and had pizza at least once every single day for a week. We got to be really good friends at the start of the year so it was fun to have one last "hurrah" before I moved back to Provo. It was kinda a chaotic start to try and get everything worked out okay but it was so worth it! We've added learning how to longboard really well to our bucket list of things to do in life after we hit the hills with the boys on our first night. I love roadtrips! You get to see a new perspective to people and of course tons of talking time. And did I mention we met Osama Bin Laden on the way back? Yeah he was hanging half way out the window, waving at us from his semi :) Thank you to Ren for helping us get my ipod fixed and Travis for checking the filters before we left!

Boys
;) Good try! Let's just say sometimes I feel like a princess and other times I swear there's a secret contest for "Douche of the Day."

Family
In the week that I've been home, I think I have seen my dad like 3 times! We have compeltly different schedules, I start my night at about the time he goes to bed. Everytime I see my dad I just love him so much! I realize that sounds kinda funny but I really do. Our relationship has come a looooooong ways for the better. He came down with his truck to help me get a load of stuff back which was a huge help for me. He's still the Bishop which keeps him super busy all the time. My mom I also haven't seen much of. She's still busy running around taking care of everybody and helping in any way that she can. Ashlee and Kez are in the process of packing up and moving downstairs while I type this actually. More on them later though. I'm way excited to have a little babykins back in the house! Jake officially left the country this week. :( Sad day but we just pray that he'll be safe. Brittany is ALSO in the process of moving! She heads back to school early in the morning to start her last year of nursing school. Taylor is starting at UVU next week. He's just finishing up his mission papers and I could not be more excited and proud of him! Tanner is going to be a junior which is SOOO weird to come home and have him suddenly driving himself everywhere. Our house is super chaotic most of the time right now. With painting, and moving and people everywhere it makes for a little bit of craziness but I actually kinda like it! It's fun having a full house again and have almost everyone back. Taylor and I went to Tim McGraw July 30th for his graduation present. LOVED it and I hope he did too for his first concert! Tanner cracks me up on the DAILY with the great little conversations that we have. It's been fun to get to hang out with Britt too. I'm going to miss her! I think we do better not being under the same roof, but it's good to have her close.

Work
I went and said goodbye and St. George Care and Rehab and when I got in my car after, I started to cry. Working there was so much fun! I had some great coworkers that just cracked me up the whole time and got to become good friends with some of them. The residents put me through every emotion in the book, but at the end of the day I still love them. I started work up here at a new Beehive Home that's just beautiful and soooo different than what I'm used to but I love it! Definetly a change for the good. My first day of training though I got a text about how 3 of my St. George residents had died and it made me so sad :( As much as they needed to go, I'm still glad that I missed it because stuff like that still just gets me way down.

There still has been so much going on but I'll do a post on our summer bucketlist for more of that. Things are so great right now! I feel like I'm in a pretty good place for myself right now! Still a long ways to go, but I'm making progress which is what's more important. I've taken a couple walks around the temple since being home and it's a good reminder for me to keep everything in perspective right now. Being back has been a big change and still some adjusting to do, but I'm really happy with my decision. I miss St. George like crazy (especially my SUNSHINE!) but I'm happy here :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment