Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dear ol' Dad

For all the things you said and did that made me such a lucky kid..

the working hard..the taking care...for being strong and being there.

For all the things that helped me grow: the staying close, the letting go..

the honesty and humor too..for being real and being you.

For all your love, the gifts you give, the man you are, the life you live.

For all these things and so much more, you're the dad I'm thankful for!






I'm thankful for all those lessons of "tough love" in high school. I'm thankful that you always made it to EVERY one of my basketball and volleyball games, even when you had to leave work early. I'm thankful for you teaching me how to drive stick and shoot a basket. I'm thankful that you're a worthy priesthood holder and have been on hand for blessings my whole life. I'm thankful I grew up watching you help with dishes and diapers. I'm thankful for those times you made me grow up slowly. I'm thankful for those very very rare times we see you cry. I'm thankful for you demanding I have high standards, even when I wasn't too interested in it. I'm thankful for that day I called you in St. George and you just listened and let me cry. I'm thankful for that little chuckle and brings perspective back to my "freakouts." I'm thankful for those nights I'd sleep better just knowing that you were home from a business trip, feeling so safe again. I'm thankful for you teaching me the true meaning of hard work. I'm thankful for you raising my brothers to be such great boys! I'm thankful that you've taught me by example how to get through hard times. I'm thankful that you taught me you need to roll with the punches. I'm thankful that you taught me the true meaning of faith. I'm thankful that you have never given up on me and have always made me feel loved.

I LOVE YOU DAD!

happy fathers day

No comments:

Post a Comment