Sunday, January 8, 2012

a happy place

So I've been meaning to do the whole "Look back over 2011" deal but still haven't really had time to. It'll happen one of these days though :)

Today I went to my old ward. I had wanted to talk to Bishop Owen but with the start of the year/new semester I didn't think he'd have time so I just chilled in the back. He finished shaking one persons hand though, and he turned and looked right at me and waved. He still sat there looking at me for a little bit so I jumped up and ran down. It was so good to talk to him even for just a minute.

He shook my hand and asked how I was doing. We talked for a little bit and he took my hand again and said "You seem much happier than the last time we talked. I'm so glad you came today!" The rest of the day has had me more or less thinking about 2011 and how much happened and how much I grew and essentially changed.

I love being able to say that I'm happy and mean it! Trials really do just make us stronger and bring us to a better place in life. 2011 was one for the record books with some of my best and beyond worst times. It's incredibly cliche but I honestly wouldn't trade a single day last year for where I'm at now.

Bring onnn 2012!

1 comment: